Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mind the Event

Well, I read in a book that beauty was something God just randomly distributed when he was creating us. So, I believe that everyone cannot be pretty and beautiful with the prefect cheekbones and collar bones and all that, but we can even be the center of attraction by your attire. And by attire I do not mean atrocious and too glitzy for the occasion, you will end up looking worse than you actually are. :p...I mean by the right combination of your shoes and dress and accessories..
 So anyway this reminds me of an incident. When I was trying to get admission after my class X results into a decent school here in Kolkata, I remember a particular girl standing in the queue behind me waiting to write the admission test for that particular school. It was more or less a formal event you would say so you were expected to wear something sober though there was no official dress code or anything. Well, it was a hot summer day and everybody was in loose t shirts and somewhat suited to the occasion type of attire. And this particular girl was wearing a top which had a deep lunging neck in the front exposing her cleavage. Umm, well this kind of a thing is okay in a party or maybe when you are hanging out with your friends but I guess when you are in a school waiting to write an admission test bending over the desk that's not a very comfortable thing to be in. Also lets maintain a little code of conduct here - you would want to dress very formally and properly in these kind of situations. Call me orthodox for that!.:/...
I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people travelling in public vehicles and being uncomfortable in whatever they are wearing! Well, practically most of us city people travel in public automobiles with all kinds of people- they may not be from the same strata of society. And with all these recent crimes with women, I think it is best if you keep your stylish clothes for those trips when you are travelling in a private car or may be with family. I think it is highly discouraging to wear something bold and travel in public conveyances. It is so uncomfortable when those stupid people stare at you and you fidget with your dress.  Avoid skinny and flowing kind of dresses in these kind of circumstances cause lets face it most men are perverted. :(
Sometimes I see people coming to visit malls in utterly GLITTERING salwa kameezes.  I tell you my eyes almost get blinded! :p. Visiting a mall is just an informal event , a glittering salwar can be kept in your wardrobe for a wedding or a big Indian event, but definitely not for a mall. You will easily feel out of place. However the above girl with that cleavage top would had been perfect in this mall. LOL! 
So, girls think and dress up. Just because you have that dress and have nowhere to wear it doesn't mean you have to wear it at the odd places. One day the event will come where you can flaunt your curves and wedding wears. Otherwise if you are a smart bitch, then make the event. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment